Ready For 2015

Well as there is now three days of the year left, we leave 2014 and enter 2015- a year full of change, endings, and new beginnings. Lately I've been getting anxiety thinking that the new year is coming. I used to think about college, graduation, moving out, etc. with a sigh of relief' "That's next year, I should live in the moment and make most of the time I have left in high school.", I'd tell myself. Well I never really took that advice I gave to myself. I constantly think about the future, especially lately. I just think "Where am I going to end up attending?", "How are my final months in high school going to go?", "How am I going to make it big when I graduate? I need to start getting in the business, I need to leave Orcutt/Santa Maria." This has caused me some stress and worry, however I'm putting a stop to it. Something  I need to do is calm down and savor life for what it is right now because it'll never be as easy as it is right now. High school is a joke compared to attending a university, no matter how hard your AP classes may be, how time-consuming and exhausting sports might be, no matter how many clubs you need to run or attend. Us seniors have never experienced real life-- the freedom, difficulties, and benefits it brings. We've might have experienced real life dilemmas and conflicts (I can sure say that with two hands up), however we haven't endured these calamities in the real world. So the sooner the new year is coming, the more I think about the real world and what it may bring. Little or a lot may change with college, it's up to the person and his/her circumstances, I can predict how it'll affect me and how it'll be "the best thing ever" but I have to wait to confirm it. For now, I'm living in the moment, I have one semester left in the public education system so I'll make it the best one yet. Take risks, have fun, make ever-lasting memories, and stay calm. Fuck stress+worry and what comes with it. This doesn't mean to throw life away and laugh at your responsibilities, it means to be bigger and badder than the things coming up in your life to overcome them. I've always been excited about graduating and moving out, well, it's happening this year and I have a good, solid while until all that happens. Let's all just chill and have fun, the clock's officially ticking. 2015, I'm ready for you. This year will be the best one yet- I'll make sure of it.

...I feel like I'm going to come back in 2016 and either smile at this or laugh at it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Pictures. @thats_so_edgar

Twitter Updates

Follow me. @hausedgar

Meet The Author

All I know is that I will not soley define myself as "RHS Senior".