SELENA LIVES

Twenty years ago today, Latina Pop Icon Selena Quintanilla-Perez passed away. A true music legend, she went way beyond her time at the age of 23 on March 31st, 1995 due to a shooting fatality. Selena gave me my first inspiration to pursue entertainment as a career when I was a child. Her music, fashion, dancing, and overall persona influenced my childhood and overall life. I wanted to be on stage like her, be just as praised, be just as talented and creative. I wanted to live a life of performing on stage every night just like Selena and this fall when I move out to Los Angeles, I'm going to start making that dream come true, my biggest dream/goal in life. Not only has Selena resonated among my career aspirations however I relate to her through culture and backgrounds. As a Latino, I notice we are not represented much in Pop Culture- on the mainstream American Radio, American Television, or literature, however, Selena became an icon that crossed boundaries in media. She single-handedly dominated the world with her music and talent- her being of Selena. It makes me proud to say that Selena was a proud Latina representing our people to the world in such a magnificent and incredible way, exuding talent, love, and passion each time she performed. It's crazy that 20 years have passed already, however, we'll never forget this amazing spirit.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Pictures. @thats_so_edgar

Twitter Updates

Follow me. @hausedgar

Meet The Author

All I know is that I will not soley define myself as "RHS Senior".