HAMLET ACT IV


  • Claudius has sent Hamlet to England 
  • #HamletSays: " How all occasions do inform against me,
                              And spur my dull revenge!"
  • What is a man who just eats or sleeps?
  • Hamlet (in one of his soliloquies) says that we have to put our human capabilities to use
  • What's the point of arguing if...? → beats himself up during soliloquy 
  • #HamletSays: "O, from this time forth,
                            My thoughts be bloody, or be nothing worth!"
                                     ↳ "I'm solely going to focus on killing Claudius now"
  • #GentlemenSays: "There's tricks i' the world; and hems, and beats her heart;
                                   Spurns enviously at straws; speaks things in doubt, ..."
  • Ophelia has been physically/mentally traumatized by what's been going (Tragedy)
  • #OpheliaSays: "My brother shall know of it..." → Threat! (I'm telling on you!)
  • #LaertesSays: "That drop of blood that's calm proclaims me bastard, ..." → It's not mine, what hell?
  • Plot thickens in Scene VI → Hamlet escapes!
  • "Know you the hand?" → Do you recognize this handwriting?
  • Shakespeare is beginning to orchestrate the ending
  • Laertes is dead-set (haha) to get revenge by killing Hamlet (Obviously, Claudius approves)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Pictures. @thats_so_edgar

Twitter Updates

Follow me. @hausedgar

Meet The Author

All I know is that I will not soley define myself as "RHS Senior".