AP PREP POST 1: SIDDHARTHA

A)  1 - If you were the river, would you be enlightenment or would you know enlightenment? In               other words, what’s up with the river? What is it’s relation to enlightenment?
   
      2- What does enlightenment look like in Siddhartha? Is it a feeling? An attitude?
     
      3-What purpose does self-denial serve in Siddhartha? What about self-indulgence?
   
      4- During his stay with the Samanas, Siddhartha did all of the following EXCEPT

                    A
                  grew his beard
                    B
                  aided the poor
                    C
                  went without food
                    D
                 abjured humanity
                    E
                 meditated deeply

      5- What was Siddhartha's purpose for staying with the Samanas?

                  A
               to become empty
                 B
              to learn meditation
                C
             to become enlightened
                D
             to deprive himself of food
               E
            to be reincarnated

B) 1- I'm not able to answer this as the questions intended due to lack of information, however I can   see that rivers are made up of water and flow into streams- peaceful and calm. This can               symbolize being enlightened, the tranquility and purity of the water clears and cleanses the mind and leads to the awakening and realization of something new.

2- A feeling, conveyed through attitude. Siddhartha's enlightenment made him feel more like himself than ever which completely changed his attitude from what it was before, the depressed, slum attitude turned into the eager, calm, and knowledge-d attitude.

3- Not able to answer it very elaborately, however, both those components are necessary in self-discovery to find out who you really are and what your purpose truly is in life.

4- B (after reading the excerpt I saw it as common sense)

5- C (duh, see above)

C) I'm pretty solid on both essay and multiple choice questions...however, that's because I just read the Siddhartha excerpt yesterday and I'm not being timed and I haven't anticipated this moment since the beginning of the school year. What I must do is have background knowledge of the most commonly used AP Lit books for the AP Lit Exam so that I'll be able to research and  have background information on them so that the questions won't come as arduous- rather, easy, as the ones I just answered.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Pictures. @thats_so_edgar

Twitter Updates

Follow me. @hausedgar

Meet The Author

All I know is that I will not soley define myself as "RHS Senior".