MASTERPIECE • NEXT STEPS

My topic is how different cultural groups on the world have contributed to the city of Los Angeles in regards to it's art and culture and how this contrasts with the glamour of Hollywood by traveling there with a group of students also interested in the project.

I plan to move out to L.A. when I attend college this year and it is my dream to end up in Hollywood as a renowned entertainer. Activism has always been a passion of mine, art being an even bigger one- I actually consider myself an artist. I used to always draw, paint, and explore the realm of my mind on canvas, however, academics have took over my life and I've only been mentally artistic. That's why I plan to take over my life in the fall and finally get to explore art as a passion and study. My masterpiece gives me an opportunity to study and work on any subject so obviously I went with culture and art (murals, statues, music, dance etc.)- rooted in my passion of activism and art. I am an activist, I am an artist, this is what I want to do.

Not only will this be an "Anything is possible" moment for local students/general people to see that High School Students have so much to offer, however, it will enlighten the students/adults who travel with me to L.A. in regards to how important it is to have diversity and what huge significance it holds in one of the biggest cities in our nation. Nothing but exploring art and amplifying our perspective to view our lives and the world in a much more accurate, humane, and bigger way. 

My enlightenment requires me to study the racial and LGBT history of Los Angeles, study certain murals and landmarks the city has to offer to interpret them accurately and to visit, etc. (subject to updates)

I'll begin my trip by first studying basic materials I need to know concerning the history and art of Los Angeles, and then I need to plan out the costs of the trip (transportation being the biggest one) and collaborate with clubs and organizations to help aid in any expense needed. When that is set I'll need someone besides myself to document the trip on a professional camera and set the date of this trip.

I want to meet people with the same passion I have, who will be enriched in the art and culture of L.A. and mesmerized by the contrasting glitz of Hollywood and base a whole new perspective on life by the trip. A photographer and fundraising is also needed for the experience. 

My story will be told through a documentary-style film captured during the trip, including both videos and pictures, which will grasp how the experience really was and make anybody watching it fee as if they went on the trip as well and understand the purpose/meanings behind it. It'll be posted on YouTube and any blogs/sites who are willing to share it. From there on I might even start my own YouTube channel.

So....I need to start planning and raising funds First and foremost I need to pick a date for the trip which will be done soon, I honestly need to revise my calender a few times before I set a date which will be in (mid to late) May.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Pictures. @thats_so_edgar

Twitter Updates

Follow me. @hausedgar

Meet The Author

All I know is that I will not soley define myself as "RHS Senior".