DECLARATION OF LEARNING INDEPENDENCE 

I declare myself to fully rely on only myself to finish all assigned work, in not only AP Lit + Comp, however, in each of my classes with integrity and full effort. The value in doing so comes in regards to my age and what's ahead in my life: college. How am I suppose to "survive" attending a four-year university if I do not begin doing my homework and studying for every test I get during the school year for the sake of learning the material, rather than to get an 'A'. However, I've been 'good' at this. My motives to complete my schoolwork have shifted. I now do my homework/ schoolwork for the purpose of this declaration: independently learning. No longer do I pay much attention to points, it's assigned- so I do it, the real points lie in how much input I put into the certain assignment and how much I authentically learn from doing it. Not only learning the subject/material it covered, however new study skills and techniques to improve myself as a student and grow academically overall. I'm entering a new chapter in my life very soon, if not I have already entered it. With this declaration, I vow to continue to learn from school and all work assigned rather than just doing it to receive some letter, that, in retrospect, does not necessarily accurately measure how much knowledge I've gained from that certain subject and from being an academic scholar  in that class.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Pictures. @thats_so_edgar

Twitter Updates

Follow me. @hausedgar

Meet The Author

All I know is that I will not soley define myself as "RHS Senior".