Unphotographable Moment

This is a picture I did not take.

Body, shriveled. House, grieving. Mind, numb. Surrounded by family I have never seen show any sign of emotion suddenly bawling their eyes out, holding any rosaries they could find in their hands clapped together over their mouths. Crying turning into groaning, wailing turning into moaning. I built up the courage to see her in her eternal bed. Shock, emptiness, pain. My mother holding me, grasping on to me as if I were the one in the glass bed- longing for one last hug. Her face was pale, hair gone, she looked like she got her soul sucked out of her. Her spirit, her energy...gone. I burst out in tears looking over her, my first time dealing with this sort of pain, will this be how it feels every time around? My mind,body, and soul was in shock, I could not process all these dwelling emotions surrounding me, conquering my aura. I run to the room I was staying in, crying. Eyes shut, laying on a bed, I cleared my mind. Looking at all the summer homework I brought to work on, suddenly, I knew this was the last time I'd see it. My world has just gotten so much realer, she needs my help, I'm the only one she has right now, the rest of our five-member family was in another country, at home. We lost one, we won't lose another. It's time for me to be the one taking care of her, I wiped the tears of my face and let out a deep sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Pictures. @thats_so_edgar

Twitter Updates

Follow me. @hausedgar

Meet The Author

All I know is that I will not soley define myself as "RHS Senior".